KPMG SunMile Sandton’s Fastest Mile
POSTPONED TO 6 APRIL 2017
The KPMG SunMile is an exciting Street Mile (1.6km) through the streets of Sandton. Friendly, colleagues take each other on in a unique team event sure to get the heart racing.
KPMG and Sun International are proud to announce a new event on the local running calendar for early next year - the KPMG SunMile. On Thursday 23 February, some of the streets of Sandton will be reserved exclusively for clubs, corporates, charities, friends and families to challenge each other in this fun-filled street mile challenge for teams of five runners.
All running clubs and companies are invited to enter one or more teams, which will compete in different categories. Even better, challenge other clubs or companies to take your team on for some street racing! You'll also be rubbing shoulders with elite athletes and Olympians like Elroy Gelant and Christine Kalmer, as well as Comrades Marathon and Old Mutual Two Oceans Ultra Marathon champion Caroline Wöstmann.
This is all set to be a hugely fun event with a carnival, street racing atmosphere. The event will feature great entertainment, ranging from music to activations on the route, as well as hospitality zones and an exclusive runners-only after-party at Taboo Nightclub!
The KPMG SunMile is a team event consisting of a number of mile batches with runners of similar abilities racing each other. Teams of 5 runners each will compete in the following categories:
Team members will be seeded and therefore not necessarily run in the same batch.
ROAD CLOSURES ON 23 FEBRUARY
- Fredman Drive partial road closure from 10:00. Full road closure from 16:00
- Any affected persons are requested to make contact here with the race office to obtain alternative parking and exit permits.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- The event has partnered with a number of establishments in the race precinct.
- Gazebos and spectator support are strongly encouraged and sites can be booked through the race office here. Sites will be allocated on a first come, first serve basis.
- Gazebos may be erected in allocated gazebo sites after road closures come into effect on 23 February.
- No alcohol may be consumed outside the entertainment area at 24 Central.
- No glass bottles may be taken into the race precinct.
The official runner's after-party will take place at Taboo Night Club in Sandton. Join us for an exciting event featuring an incredible line-up of DJ's and bands. The line-up will be revealed soon so keep an eye on our website.
Purchased online (with race entry): R100
Purchased at the door: R150
The venue has limited capacity and runners are encouraged to purchase thier ticket with their online entry.
The 4 Week Magic KPMG Sun Mile Challenge.
What it includes:
- Guided 4-week programme with strength and stretching components.
- Multiple group training sessions available over the duration of the 4-week challenge.
- Wellness body composition evaluation conducted before and after the challenge.
- Nutritional guidance and tips for best recovery and performance.
- Weekly newsletters giving you training tips to improve your performance.
- Prizes for the 'Best Achiever' and 'Most Improved' runners in the programme
Cost : R 500 per person
Challenge start date: 5 January 2017
THE KPMG SUNMILE SUPPORTS THE HEART AND STROKE FOUNDATION
The Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa (HSFSA) plays a leading role in the fight against preventable heart disease and stroke, with the aim of seeing fewer people in South Africa suffer premature deaths and disabilities. The HSFSA, established in 1980, is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation which relies on external funding to sustain the work it carries out.
The HSFSA aims to reduce the cardiovascular disease (CVD) burden on South Africa and ultimately on the health care system of South Africa. Our mission is to empower people in South Africa to adopt healthy lifestyles, make healthy choices easier, seek appropriate care and encourage prevention.
For more stories of inspiration, awareness and recovery go to: The Heart Foundation Survivor Stories
061 918 1002
PARTNER | SPONSORSHIP ENQUIRIES
072 368 7390