The Palace of the Lost City
A legendary destination designed by dreamers for luxury-seekers. Since inception in 1992, The Palace of the Lost City has enthralled visitors from all over the globe. Its unique setting in South Africa, on an extinct volcanic site among the Pilanesberg mountains, is matched by the inspired architecture and passionate attention to detail for which The Palace of the Lost City is renowned.
This luxury five-star hotel in Sun City has integrated the natural beauty of its surroundings into its design, taking architectural and interior themes from the legend of a lost African tribe to capture the essence of The Palace. Think richly-woven colours, faux elephant tusks, sculptured bronze and crystal, and jungle cascades. The magnificence of the wild landscape is depicted through lions, kudus, birds and beasts of all kinds; these are immortalised in statues, stone carvings, mosaic illustrations, vaulted ceilings, dazzling flame-topped towers and in artist Danie de Jager's bronze wildlife sculptures. With fresco ceilings above and ancient tiles below, you are left to stand in awe at the sheer scale and grandeur of the masterpiece that is The Palace of the Lost City.
Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters recently jetted into South Africa to reconnect with her South African friends ahead of her wedding to American football player Tim Tebow.read more
- The Palace hotel is currently undergoing a well-deserved soft rooms refurbishment. We apologise sincerely for any inconvenience that this may cause.
- The Palace hotel pool will be closed from 2 June - 1 July 2019 for annual maintenance.
at South Africa's Best Hotel
Accommodation fit for royalty, The Palace of the Lost City is synonymous with five-star luxury. Every detail has been carefully considered to ensconce guests in opulent comfort, from the cool mosaic tiles of the lobby and the subtle fusion of botanic aromas to the hotel's regally appointed high teas. Each exquisite suite with its handcrafted furniture repeats the magic of this remarkable place and offers royal hospitality with breathtaking views over water or jungle.
Embark on an African soul safari
As part of Sun International's exclusive SunLux Collection, The Palace of the Lost City invites you to escape into the thrill of your journey. Bordering the malaria-free Pilanesberg National Park, discover a world of wildlife on your doorstep when you stay at The Palace. Embark on a hot-air balloon safari or guided game drive and discover the 'Super Seven', a term coined to include cheetah and wild dogs among the famous Big Five, all of which can be found here in abundance.
to book your luxury accommodation in South Africa at The Palace of the Lost City
- Luxury accommodation and personalised service, including private butlers in some of the suites.
- 335 exquisitely appointed rooms and suites. Smoking and non-smoking rooms are available on request.
- A wide selection of restaurants and bars, with breakfast served daily at the magnificent Crystal Court.
- An Olympic-sized outdoor swimming pool.
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel.
- The Royal Salon offers hairstyling, manicures, facials and massages in the comfort of your luxury room.